Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Type 41 Royale 'Coupé Napoleon'

As I mentioned before, only seven Type 41 Royale cars were ever made, six of which survive to this day. Probably the most famous of these six is the 'Coupé Napoleon'.

Models of this Bugatti regularly pop up on eBay, but mostly with asking prices or starting bids of £60-100+. Sometimes they are offered for less, but then there usually is clear damage and/or parts are missing.

But good things come to those who wait, and I managed to get my hands on a 1/24 model in perfect condition, for £25 (plus p&p), so I'm still obeying my '£25 rule'!




As you might expect from a Franklin Mint model, it is very detailed and of generally high quality. So next to my Type 41 Royale 'Esder', I now have a second Type 41 model in the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment