Monday, July 8, 2024

Chiron '42 seconds'

When I started this collection, I set myself a limit of not collecting different colour schemes of the same model. Now I have a Chiron in my collection, so no further Chirons, right? But when a model of the '42 seconds' Chiron popped up on eBay, I felt this unique Chiron was different enough ...

The '42 seconds' Chiron, driven by Colombian racing driver Juan Pablo Montoya, set a world record of going from 0 km/h to 400 km/h and back to 0 km/h in 42 seconds. Here is the actual car (note the number 42 on the grill!):

... and here is my 1:24 model from Maisto, off eBay for only £12.




'Zero-400-zero' is shown on the windshield and '42 Seconds' on the side of the car.



Different enough for me to add to the collection: #17.


And here is a video of the word record being set.



No comments:

Post a Comment